Friday, July 7, 2017

Summer is Here!

Happy Summer!

I have been so busy this summer and it is only July 7th!

I have already visited my dad in northern California, cleaned half the house (like moving furniture cleaning), done some work on the house, cleaned two cabinets out in my classroom, and started putting ideas and information into my planner.



I can’t remember the last time I had so much energy? But it feels great! I have been eating well and exercising regularly which has given me a boost in energy.

Today I am going back-to-school shopping this morning. Need to get some essentials for the new school year.

I am also gearing up because I will have a 4th/5th combo class this year again. I like to get a little ready for that because it takes a little more work. One of the things I have been focusing on is literature to read for each grade that covers the social studies curriculum.



Fourth grade is easy I already have class sets of Island of the Blue Dolphins and By the Great Horn Spoon to support California History.


But I wasn’t sure what to use for 5th grade which teaches American History. And then I ran across Rush Limbaugh’s series of children’s books on American History. They are so cute, I had to decide which two I wanted to use (he has four books). I choose to start with Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims. It is a cute, engaging story of a history teacher who travels back in history to teach students about what happened in the past. I was pleasantly surprised how accurate and comprehensive they were.

Well, I still have some great stuff planned for the rest of summer. I am going to Florida to visit my 94-four-year-old grandma, help my husband finish remodeling our bathroom, and work on some TpT products.




Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,

    My name is Anuj Agarwal. I'm Founder of Feedspot.

    I would like to personally congratulate you as your blog Applejacks has been selected by our panelist as one of the Top 30 Fifth Grade Teacher Blogs on the web.

    http://blog.feedspot.com/fifth_grade_teacher_blogs/

    I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of Top 30 Fifth Grade Teacher Blogs on the internet and I’m honored to have you as part of this!

    Also, you have the honor of displaying the badge on your blog.

    Best,
    Anuj

    ReplyDelete